12 Benefits of Sleeping With Your Dog
- Comfort. If you live alone or you have a great bond with your dog, you can be comforted by the presence of your furbaby nearby. If you suffer from nightmares or are just sleeping restlessly, having a living being beside you can be a great comfort.
- Can help you address separation anxiety. When your dog sleeps in your bed, separation anxiety they feel during the day is soothed. If you work long hours, being able to share time at night can help you support your dog and make them feel less distressed.
- Security. Many people feel safer when they let their dog share their bedroom. If there are any sounds, your dog will respond and you’ll be able to see that there’s a problem. In addition, it can be reassuring knowing that your best furry friend is there for you and ready to protect you.
- Warmth. If you live in a cold climate, the warmth of your furry friend can feel terrific.
- Can help you feel calmer. If you’re anxious, having your dog by your side can be calming.
- Can help you fight insomnia. If you have trouble falling asleep, being able to talk to your dog or listening to your furbaby sleep can help you relax and drift off.
- Can strengthen your bond. Spending time together in a quiet setting like the bed helps you get closer. Dogs are pack animals and will often sleep together in a puppy pile when they can.
- It’s a great treat for your dog. For a dog, sleeping in a bed can feel a sense of dominance and can be more comfortable than a doggie bed on the floor.
- It can provide soothing background noise. The sound of the dog’s breathing can be very soothing if you live alone or you have a hard time falling asleep.
- It can be great if you live alone. If you feel lonely because there’s no one beside you at night, having a living creature next to you may help soothe some of that feeling.
- It can serve as a secondary alarm clock. If your dog is used to breakfast at a specific time, you can be sure that they will wake you up on time to make sure they get fed. If you have a hard time waking up, you definitely won’t sleep past your furry alarm clock.
- You may just like it. Some people don’t need an excuse to sleep with their dog. It’s just what they like!